Prosperity Lodge No. 567 was warranted July 16, 1886 and constituted less than two months later, September 4, 1886.
Bro. E. Coppe Mitchell, Right Worshipful Grand Master and staff of Grand Officers, leaving Bangor, Pa. arrived in Riegelsville after a ride of some two hours, proceeded to the Lodge room where at High Twelve a new Lodge was constituted to be known as Prosperity Lodge No. 567, F. & A.M.
Bro. Edward W. Lerch was installed Worshipful Master; Bro. Alex S. Jordan was installed Senior Warden, and Bro. Newton S. Rice was installed Junior Warden. Fourteen Lodges were represented and after a dinner at Riegelsville Hotel the Grand Lodge Officers left for Philadelphia arriving at 7:30 P.M.
The Foregoing information was given to our Lodge by Bro. Wm. J. Paterson, who was a former Librarian and Curator of the Right Worshipful Grand Lodge, as all records, minutes, and paraphernalia of the Lodge were completely destroyed by a disastrous fire to Hoffman Hall Building on December 16, 1896. Not being dismayed a meeting of the Lodge was held on December 17, 1896 when Bro. John B. Poore was elected Worshipful Master; Bro. Henry W. Johnson was elected Senior Warden; and Bro. Joseph L. Seiler was elected Junior Warden and duly installed on December 26th, a dispensation having been issued by the Right Worshipful Grand Master authorizing the Lodge to continue its labors until a new warrant was received. This meeting was held in the G.A.R. Hall, known as the Riegel Building, which was the meeting place of the Lodge until the present building was constructed in 1986.
Although a 25th Anniversary Committee was appointed, the minutes state that no Anniversary Meeting was held. Prosperity Lodge, however, did hold a 50th Anniversary Meeting on September 11, 1936, Br. S. Linford Nicholas, Worshipful Master presiding. Bro. Henry S. Borneman, District Deputy Grand Master, honored the Lodge with his presence as a representative of the Right Worshipful Grand Master. Eighteen Lodges from the states of Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York were represented.
On September 23, 1961 a 75th Anniversary Dinner was held at the hotel Easton, Easton, Pa. Bro. Lawrence D. Haas, Worshipful Master presiding. Bro Albert R. Eisenhower, District Deputy Grand Master honored the occasion with his presence as a representative of the Right Worshipful Grand Master. The address was given by Br. Robert L. Curry, S.T.M. of Newtown Lodge No. 427. On September 27, 1967 the Prosperity Lodge No. 567 Masonic Temple Association was formed and on May 12, 1969 a resolution was passed authorizing the purchase of a tract of land consisting of 2.3 acres. This tract is located at 520 Easton Road, Riegelsville, Pa. This property was maintained as a vacant lot until May 18, 1986, when Ground Breaking Ceremonies were held for the construction of a Temple. Bro. Kenneth A. Ott, President of the Masonic Temple Association presiding, Bro. Bertine B. Steigerwalt, District Deputy Grand Master honored the occasion with his presence as a representative of the Right Worshipful Grand Master. There were approximately 40 persons in attendance. Cornerstone Ceremonies were planned for September 1986, at which time photographs of building progress, along with other Lodge paraphernalia will be placed in the cornerstone.
On June 13, 1986 Brothers George H. Gackenbach, P.M., Lester H Weaver, P.M., and Donald B. Kreitz, P.M. offered a resolution that the lodge move its place of meeting to 520 Easton Road, Riegelsville, Pa. A lodge meeting was held on August 8, 1986 to vote on this resolution. It was approved and on September 12, 1986, the first stated meeting was held at the new Lodge Building. There were 47 members present and 9 visitors. A special meeting of Prosperity Lodge was held on September 13, 1986, to celebrate the one hundredth anniversary of the lodge. Earlier in the day the lodge had a cornerstone laying ceremony. The Right Worshipful Grand Master Brother Carl W. Stenberg, Jr., the Right Worshipful Deputy Grand Master, Brother Arthur J. Kurtz, and many other grand lodge officers were present. The lodge was filled to capacity. Additional chairs had to be placed in front of the regular seating.
During World War I seven members of our Lodge served in the U.S. Army.
Members of Prosperity Lodge who served in various branches of the U.S. Armed Forces during World War II;
Members who served during the Korean Conflict:
Members who served during the Vietnam Conflict:
Two members served during Desert Storm:
One Member served during Somalia:
One Member served during Afganistan:
Living 50 Year Members (01/01/2015):
Living Past Masters (12/31/2014):
Several members of the Lodge have received high recognition in other appendant orders: Bro. Edward E. Koonce was crowned an Honorary member of Supreme Council of the 33degree, A.A.S.R. in 1956; Bro. J. Gardner Pearsall also was crowned an Honorary member of Supreme Council of the 33degree, A.A.S.R. in 1970. Bro. E. Ellsworth Deemer served as District Deputy Grand Master of the ninth Masonic District from 1966 to 1970. He served as a Sovereign Prince of Lafayette Council, Prices of Jerusalem 1969-1970. He was also awarded the Red Cross of Constantine in 1969; Bro. Aaron S. Kroner served as Illustrious Potentate of Raja Temple, A.A.O.N.M.S. in 1957; Bro. Russell R. Reichard received the Masonic Saints Award in 1984; and Bro. Lester H. Weaver was awarded the York Cross of Honor in 1986.
The membership of Prosperity Lodge at this time (January 2015) numbers 108.